Benvenuto! Accedi o registrati.
EnduroItalia

ENDURO ITALIA | Promuovi anche tu la tua Pagina

ENDURO ITALIA | Promuovi anche tu la tua Pagina

Pagine: [1]   Vai giù
  Stampa  
Autore Discussione: [PORTOGALLO] 3^4^ R. EWC ENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP A GOUVEIA 16-17 APRILE 2016  (Letto 4476 volte)
0 utenti e 1 Utente non registrato stanno visualizzando questa discussione.
REDAZIONE ENDURO
ENDUROITALIA
Staff
Endurista

Reputazione 11807

WWW Oscar
« inserita:: 13 Aprile 2016, 14:26:40 »

NUOVO SITO UFFICIALE: ENDUROGP.ORG

SITO UFFICIALE: EWC ABC

PAGINA FACEBOOK ENDUROGP

PROFILO TWITTER ENDUROGP

LIVE RESULTS

CALENDARIO CAMPIONATO DEL MONDO ENDURO EWC 2016

GP Portugal - Round 2

Organisation

Talentos Objetivos – Clube de Enduro e Recreio
Telf. +351 914 329 905
Email: geral@talentos-objetivos.pt
www.talentos-objetivos.pt

GP de Portugal | Gouveia
Telf. +351 914 329 905
Email: wecportugal@gmail.com
www.wecportugal.com

Organization: Jorge Simões |+351 91 432 99 05 | wecportugal@gmail.com
EWC Promoter: +33 (0)5 65 45 76 14 | enduro.abc@orange.fr
Race Director: Pedro Mariano |+351 916590065 | pedrogmariano@hotmail.com
Clerk of the Course: José Brito |+351 91 937 00 60 | jose.britomx@gmail.com
Press Officer: Rui Belmonte |+351 919 807 208 | rui.belmonte@hype.pt
REDAZIONE ENDURO
ENDUROITALIA
Staff
Endurista

Reputazione 11807

WWW Oscar
« Risposta #1 inserita:: 17 Aprile 2016, 22:21:18 »

SOURCE: ENDUROGP.ORG DAY 1

Matt Phillips comes out on top at a rain soaked day one at the GP of Portugal

Claiming his second EnduroGP class win of the 2016 season, Tasmanian Matt PHILLIPS (Sherco) moved ahead of Frenchman Mathias BELLINO on the event’s final and closing Extreme Test to claim victory on day one of the GP of Portugal in Gouveia. With just over three seconds separating the two riders third in EnduroGP went to Enduro 3 class winner Steve HOLCOMBE (Beta).

Day one in Gouveia proved to be a brutal one. With weeks of rain falling on the course, the soft Portuguese terrain soon became extremely cut up with parts of both the transfer sections and the special tests all but impassable. With the day reduced to two laps from three, all three special tests were altered in order to keep the event running.

Continuing their battle that started at the championship opener in Morocco, BELLINO and PHILLIPS ended the day comfortably ahead. But for much of the race senior class rookie Steve HOLCOMBE looked poised to challenge for the win. Entering the final test of the day BELLINO, PHILLIPS and HOLCOMBE were all well placed to win, but mistakes by HOLCOMBE stopped him finishing higher than third.

“It all came down to the last extreme test and I went for it,” explained PHILLIPS after the race. “It was pretty much a battle ground so I took some completely different lines and gave it everything, and it worked. It’s great to get on top of the podium in these conditions. It was a tough day for everyone. Day two’s going to be interesting.” Despite competing on the unfamiliar terrain for the first time ever, Taylor ROBERT (KTM) placed just seven seconds off the EnduroGP podium having again put in a solid day-long performance. Frenchman Antoine BASSET placed fifth with Alex Salvini sixth.

PhillipsMatthew PHILLIPS (AUS - Sherco)

Placing in seventh in the overall EnduroGP results Finn Eero REMES (TM) claimed another Enduro 1 class win, placing 34 seconds ahead of his closest rival. Despite making a slow start to the day, Eero went on to win the second, third and fourth special tests to establish himself at the head of the class.

Using his experience to ensure a trouble free ride to the finish, he secured a deserved win. British duo of Jamie MCCANNEY (Yamaha) and Nathan WATSON (KTM) placed second and third respectively. For Jamie the day ended having made next to no mistakes. For Watson it was a very different story.

Putting in a strong opening lap the EnduroGP rookie parted company with his bike on more than one occasion to end his day 18 seconds behind Jamie. Kawasaki mounted Italian Gianluca MARTINI again performed well to place fourth with Rudy MORONI (KTM) and Danny MCCANNEY (Husqvarna) rounding out the top six in Enduro 1.

In finishing first and second at the top of the EnduroGP classification, Matt PHILLIPS and Mathias BELLINO also took the top two spots in Enduro 2. Taylor ROBERT earned himself a career first podium result in third, finishing 15 seconds ahead of fourth placed Alex SALVINI (Beta) who crashed on the closing Extreme Test. Yamaha duo Cristobal GUERRERO and Loic LARRIEU rounded out the top six.

In the Enduro 3 class Steve HOLCOMBE was clearly enjoying himself in the muddy conditions, winning five special tests on his way to the class win. Close to nine seconds ahead of runner-up Antoine BASSET (KTM), HOLCOMBE’s troubled run through the final Extreme Test wasn’t enough to stop him from claiming his second day win of the championship thus far.

Antoine BASSET again delivered an impressive set of special tests results, ending the day as arguably the most consistent rider in Enduro 3. A little under nine seconds behind HOLCOMBE, the Frenchman placed some 44 seconds ahead of Johnny AUBERT (Beta). Spaniard Jaume BETRIU (KTM) and Italians Manuel MONNI (TM) and Thomas OLDRATI (Husqvarna) rounded out the top six. “I thought I’d blown it on the final extreme test,” admitted HOLCOMBE.

“I made a number of mistakes, but they effected my overall result more than the Enduro 3 result. It was a difficult day but I enjoyed it. It’s amazing how different the conditions are to 12 months ago.”

Podium EGP

Giacomo REDONDI (Honda) comfortably topped the Enduro Junior class results placing more than one-minute ahead of Portuguese rider Diogo VENTURA (Gas Gas).

Despite only topping three of the day’s special tests, REDONDI kept his mistakes to a minimum while his classmates saw mistakes effect their results. Spain’s Josep GARCIA (Husqvarna) saw his day end in the worst possible way when he lost close to two minutes in the final Extreme Test.

Valerian DEBAUD (Yamaha) topped the 125cc Enduro Youth class, close to one-and-a-half minutes ahead of Jean-Baptist NICOLOT (Yamaha). A further two minutes behind Erik APPELQVIST (Yamaha) placed third ahead of Brit Lee SEALEY (Yamaha) and Mirko SPANDRE (KTM).

RemesEero REMES (SF - TM)
REDAZIONE ENDURO
ENDUROITALIA
Staff
Endurista

Reputazione 11807

WWW Oscar
« Risposta #2 inserita:: 17 Aprile 2016, 22:23:07 »

SOURCE: ENDUROGP.ORG DAY 2

Steve Holcombe wins big on day two of the GP of Portugal

Continuing to impress in his first season of senior class competition, Steve HOLCOMBE (Beta) claimed his first overall EnduroGP win of 2016 on day two of the GP Polisport of Portugal. Showing that he had the speed to win on day one, Steve remained mistake free during the second day of competition to place just under seven seconds ahead of Finn Eero REMES (TM) with enduro rookie Nathan WATSON (KTM) an impressive third.

“I’m made up with this result. I got close to winning on day one so to finally get the job done and a first EnduroGP win to my name is great,” enthused HOLCOMBE. “I enjoyed the day. The tests were pretty tough in places but the organisers did a great job in working on the track over night. I just kept pushing on all tests and everything went well.”

Showing that as well as topping the Enduro 1 class podium he’s also more than a match for the bigger bike riders in the EnduroGP class, 250f TM mounted Finn Eero REMES pushed HOLCOMBE hard though out the day. Also 250f mounted, Nathan WATSON enjoyed a good day. Despite his lack of enduro experience he again showed impressive speed to place just 15 seconds behind winner HOLCOMBE. Behind WATSON US rider Taylor ROBERT (KTM) excelled in conditions that were anything but familiar. Unable to repeat his day one winning result Matt PHILLIPS (Sherco) placed in sixth with Mathias BELLINO bringing his Husqvarna home in ninth following a day full of mistakes.

HolcombeSteve HOLCOMBE (GB - Beta)

As a result of their strong overall performances Eero REMES and Nathan WATSON placed first and second in the Enduro 1 class with Jamie MCCANNEY (Yamaha) third. With just under nine seconds separating REMES and WATSON, MCCANNEY battled his way to a podium result more than one minute behind WATSON. Jamie’s brother Danny MCCANNEY (Husqvarna) enjoyed his best day of the championship so far finishing fourth while Pascal RAUCHENECKER (Husqvarna) and Gianluca MARTINI rounded out the top six.

Just four days into his first ever season of EnduroGP competition Taylor ROBERT enjoyed his first winning result, impressively topping the Enduro 2 class aboard his KTM. Riding well throughout the day he placed ahead of Matt PHILLIPS with Alex SALVINI (Beta) joining them on the podium. “All-in-all it’s been a really good day for me,” explained TAYLOR.

“I lost some time to PHILLIPS early on but seemed to come good in the middle of the day. I had a good crash in the final extreme test as I was pushing hard to try and get onto the overall EnduroGP podium, but luckily I didn't lose too much time and managed to get the win in Enduro 2.” Loic LARRIEU (Yamaha) finished closer to the Enduro 2 podium than on any previous day of the series so far, finishing just over five seconds behind third placed SALVINI. Separating Yamaha team mates LARRIEU in fourth and Cristobal GUERRERO in sixth was Mathias BELLINO. Enduring a difficult day the Frenchman placed 35 seconds behind winner ROBERT.

Podium E2

As the overall EnduroGP class winner Steve HOLCOMBE also topped the Enduro 3 class in dominant fashion. Close to one-minute ahead Italian Manuel MONNI (TM) Steve never placed lower than third in class during the day’s nine special tests. Third went to Antoine BASSET (KTM) with local favourite Luis CORREIA (Beta) fourth, Jaume BETRIU (KTM) fifth and Thomas OLDRATI (Husqvarna) sixth.

In the Enduro Junior class Italian Giacomo REDONDI (Honda) claimed a sizeable win, placing more than one minute ahead of Diogo VENTURA (Gas Gas). Winning the day’s first special test Josep GARCIA (Husqvarna) was an early retirement as the Spaniard was forced to withdraw with a technical problem. Third went to Swede Albin ELOWSON (Husqvarna).

Erik APPELQVIST (Yamaha) was the day two winner in the 125cc Enduro Youth class, placing 25 seconds ahead of British rider Lee SEALEY (Yamaha). Rounding out an all-Yamaha podium Jean-Baptiste NICOLOT placed third.

The EnduroGP championship now heads to Greece on May 20-22.

WatsonNathan WATSON (GB - KTM)
Pagine: [1]   Vai su
  Stampa  

Vai a: